Thank you for your decision to volunteer with Child Evangelism Fellowship®. We are excited about all that God is going to do as churches all across the nation share the Gospel with unchurched children in their communities. Following are some important considerations for all who will volunteer and have direct contact with the children through CEF ministries.
- CEF does online background checks and volunteer applications utilizing a secure server so that your information is safe.
- All volunteers (age 18 and older) and CEF missionaries are required to undergo a national criminal background check.
- All approved workers will receive a required nametag upon completion of steps 1-3.
- You will need to go online to complete the screening process. CEF will pay your screening fee.
There are three easy steps required for volunteer participation:
STEP 1: PRIOR to COMPLETING THE ONLINE APPLICATION
Complete the following:
- Read the Statement of Faith
- Read the Worker's Compliance Agreement
- Read the Child Protection Policy
- Watch the 12-minute "Protecting Today's Child" presentation or listen at 1-866-878-4182
- Gather the following information to enter online:
- Your salvation testimony.
- Reference contact information (name, phone, email). This should include: pastor or church leader, previous employer, and two personal references. No relatives please.
- Previous addresses (last 5 years)
- Driver's License (if applicable) and Social Security Number
STEP 2: APPLY ONLINE
If you have prepared the information requested in Step 1, it will take you approximately 15 minutes to complete the online application. Note: The system will time out after approximately 10 minutes of no activity, and you must complete the form within 40 minutes.
click here to apply online
**Online parental consent for reference checks is required for applicants under the age of 18**
IF YOU ARE A MINOR:
- After you enter your birth date a pop-up notification will appear. Your parent/guardian must click OK and you can continue with the form.
- At the end of the form, your parent/guardian must be the one to check the "I Agree" box and enter their full name as a signature.
STEP 3: ID CHECK AND INTERVIEW
This final step will be completed by your CEF team leader at your church's orientation meeting, prior to serving.
- You will be required to show a photo ID (driver's license, passport, or school ID) and answer a few interview questions.
- Once this step is complete, you will receive your nametag, indicating that you are a screened volunteer.
Please complete steps 1-2 as soon as possible. You will receive confirmation once your screening has been submitted, and we will notify you that you have completed steps 1-2.
Thank you for volunteering to reach boys and girls with the Good News of Jesus Christ! May God bless you as you faithfully serve Him!
Questions? Contact us!